For our 4th anniversary, Ryan and I went on a trip about 4 hours south of Dallas to the Texas Hill Country. It was so much fun and so beautiful down there! We stayed here, at the Horseshoe Bay Resort:
I loved it and it was exactly what we needed. It was so nice to get away, even for just 3 short days. Our anniversary was on Thursday, May 20, so we left that next Saturday morning. We stopped at the famous Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls for lunch. It was delicious and really cool to eat somewhere that so many famous people have eaten, including George W. and Laura Bush!
After lunch, we drove even farther south to Fredericksburg. It is the cutest little town with the most interesting shops... Ryan and I want to go back when we actually have some money to buy things for our house! We had fun looking through the shops and eating our way through the samples at Rustlin' Rob's. Yum!
After walking around Fredericksburg, we drove a few miles out to the Willow City Loop. It is a 13 mile stretch of country road that goes right through the Hill Country. It was amazing. I saw more wildflowers than I have ever seen in my life, and the area you drive through on the Willow City Loop looks almost untouched... we felt like we were in the middle of nowhere. Here are some pictures I took, but it doesn't do it justice!
After hitting the Willow City Loop, Ryan really wanted to go to the Old Tunnel and see the 3 million bats come out at sundown. The whole idea weirded me out, but he really wanted to go, so we did. It was kind of cool and kind of creepy. At this time of year, though, the bats don't come out until it is pretty dark, so it was very hard to see them. I was okay with that. :)
So... because we decided to fit in as much as we could on Saturday, we didn't even get to the resort until 11:00. This actually worked out perfectly, though. Because we arrived so late, the regular hotel tower was full, so they upgraded us to a condo. It was incredible! We had a family room, dining room, full kitchen, and a huge bedroom and bathroom. Very nice!
We packed so much sight-seeing in on Saturday, so we decided to just relax around the resort on Sunday and be lazy. The resort was huge and it had 4 pools! We tried out 3 of the pools and ended up at the yacht club for most of the day. The pool and hot tub at the yacht club were amazing. The resort is right on Lake LBJ, and the yacht club has a private beach on the lake shore. We laid out and swam for about 4 hours at the yacht club. Poor Ryan got really fried... he was as red as a lobster for about a week! The view was incredible and it was so relaxing. This was my view from my chair!
I had taken the day off on Monday, so we were able to stay at the resort on Sunday night and then we drove back home on Monday. What a fun trip! I love my sweet husband even more after 4 years of marriage! I can't wait to see what's in store for us in the next 4 years... and in the next 40!





0 comments to Anniversary Trip!:
Post a Comment